It seems only fair that I shared my favourite coffee recipe yesterday, that I share my favourite Tea for those that love their leaves. This tea has so much depth of flavour, with a peppery kick that awakens and cleanses the mind & body.
This recipe is inspired by Adrienne, she is an amazing, inspiring online yoga teacher that our whole family use. Who does the most amazing Yoga courses & sessions including specialist ones for sciatica (which I get quite a lot). If that is not enough to tempt you, she has the most beautiful dog Benji who comes and lays down in her sessions.
Ingredients for Yogi Tea
Makes 4 Mugs
20 Black Peppercorns
3 Sticks of Cinnamon
20 Cardamom Pods
8 cm Ginger
1 tsp Ginkgo Baloba (optional)
1 tsp Black Tea or 1 Tea Bag
2 ltr Water
Creating Yogi Tea
- Give the 20 Cardamom Pods a bash in a Pestle & Mortar or with a Rolling Pin
- Roughly slice the 8 cm Fresh Ginger
- Put all the 15 Cloves, 20 Black Peppercorns, 3 Sticks of Cinnamon, the split Cardamom, the sliced Ginger, 1 tsp Ginkgo Baloba, 1 tsp Black Tea or 1 Tea Bag & 2 ltr Water in a large pan
- Put on the lowest heat until it begins to boil
- Let it boil for a minute or so and turn the heat off
- Strain through muslin (cheesecloth) or a tea strainer
- Serve with a slice of Lemon &/or a tsp Agave Syrup (or your favourite sweetener).