Simple Nasturtium & Rocket Pesto
Great accompaniment for salads and pasta.
We grow Nasturtium and Wild Rocket in our garden. It is very simple to grow in pots and hanging baskets. This pesto is so versatile and can be used as a dip, pasta sauce or salad dressing.
You will need a food processor to make this recipe.
Ingredients for Nasturtium & Rocket Pesto
1 Cup of tightly packed Nasturtium and Wild Rocket
1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Pine nuts
3 garlic cloves
Salt and Pepper to season
Creating Nasturtium & Rocket Pesto
Prep Time 30 Minutes
- First and Foremost Wash Your Hands!
- Wash the 1 Cup of tightly packed Nasturtium and Wild Rocket leaves and add to the blender.
- Place the 1/4 Cup Pine nuts on a baking tray and place under the grill for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Turn regularly to stop them burning.
- Peel the 3 garlic cloves and add them to the blender with the 1/4 Cup Pine nuts.
- Reserving 1/3 for later, add theOlive Oil to the blender.
- Place the lid on the blender and put on a low pulse blend for 30 seconds to 1 min (depending on the strength of your blender).
- Transfer the mix from the blender into a small bowl.
- Add the remainder of the 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper to season and mix well to combine.