Chewie Chocolate & Raisin Cookies
There is no better home learning than life skills. Okay Chewie Chocolate & Raisin Cookies may not be an essential, but they certainly made everyone smile, oh my goodness they are so moreish!
Ingredients for Chewie Chocolate & Raisin Cookies
Makes 9 Pudding Sized BIG ones
100 ml of your preferred Oil £0.11
80 ml Easy Oat Milk £0.05
(Or any Vegan Milk)
125 g Light Brown Sugar £0.28
250 g Flour £0.13
3/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda £0.01
(We buy a large one to use for cleaning as well)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder £0.04
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon £0.26
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg £0.03
1/2 tsp Salt £0.01
60 g Rolled Porridge Oats £0.10
60 g Raisins £0.18
60 g Vegan Chocolate (optional) £0.60
(We used Bournville, Which is Vegan)
You could replace one of these with nuts
Total Cost £2.31 Cost per Cookie £0.26
Creating Chewie Chocolate & Raisin Cookies
- First & Foremost Wash Your Hands!
- In a Mixing Bowl measure 100 ml of your preferred Oil, 50 ml Rice Syrup, 80 ml Easy Oat Milk & 125 g Light Brown Sugar
- Give it all a Whisk
- In a separate Mixing Bowl measure 250 g Flour, 3/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda, 1/2 tsp Baking Powder, 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg & 1/2 tsp Salt
- Give the dry ingredients a little mix
- Sieve dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients
- Fold mix together with a large spoon to form a Cookie Dough
- In the empty bowl beat the 60 g Vegan Chocolate into small chunks
- Measure 60 g Rolled Porridge Oats & 60 g Raisins
- Fold into the bowl with Cookie Dough
- Preheat the Oven to Gas Mark 4
- Line a baking tray with Baking Paper
- Take a round Cookie Cutter and spoon a blob of the Cookie Dough into a corner of the tray
- Push down the best you can, it can be tricky because the mix is sticky
- Place the ring about an inch over & repeat
- Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- The cookies can look like they are not quite finished. The best thing to do is test with a skewer/knife. If it comes out clean it means the cookies are cooked.
- If you feel confident slide the cookies on the baking paper onto a wire cooling rack. Do not take them off the paper at this point. They will firm up as they cool down. If you do not want to move them they will cool on their own.
Feel free to scrape the mix from bowl, it’s yummy. Just keep it hygienic.